




Well here we are decorating our Christmas Tree. Oh Christmas tree which I dickered and dealed for! We went to get our tree here at a place we got it last year. It was really cold out and we perused the lot for a nice tree. We passed the short and stubby and Robb found a nice slender tall one that vaguely resembled him. I of course have to weigh my options before I ever decide on anything making sure I am getting the best tree possibly. So the guy comes over and says this tree is about $8 a foot. I said what! I am not paying almost $60 for a tree that I have up for 3 weeks! Robb just stands there and I play the bad cop. That is ridiculous. I can go somewhere else I say. Well I guess the guy gets tired of hearing me, so he says I can give it to you for $45. I am still not sold. So he leaves to give us time to think. You would think this was a car. After that they sent the closer in to seal the deal. The guys says this in the Cadillac of Christmas trees, the best tree on the lot. He knows we are debating, so he says I can do it for about $4o. I act somewhat impressed and Robb says lets just get it done, so I agree. We end up getting it for the bargain price of $40. See what my mom taught me, it does not hurt to ask. So we get our beauty home and I decorate it with my beautiful Frankenmuth ornaments. Of course they have to go somewhat near the top. I let Robb and Cole help a bit. Cole has his own section on the bottom. He has his unbreakable ornaments that he ever so often takes off and rearranges just to make sure they are in the right spot. Such concentration and planning. He calls it the Crispas Treat. Sounds just an awful lot like crispy treat to me. He loves to "help momma" and be a "good helper" as he says to himself. He was all wild that night. He was bouncing around to Christmas music and stepping on boxes and laughing deliriously. Robb and Cole crowned our sale tree with the star and the start of Christmas begins!
4 comments:
Congrats on your super deal - half off is always great!!! The pictures look great, as well as Cole being so photogenic!! You have to take a picture of the final product so we can see that. I am so jealous you get a real tree, mine is fake, but I refuse to throw it away unless we only get a real one from the woods!! So Todd lets me keep it! I would prefer a real one, but only from the woods! You would think he would jump at the chance to use a chainsaw again? I think we are moving soon, so I am not even sure I will get me tree up this year?! So yeah, put a picture of yours up so I can enjoy one!! Talk to you later. Wish we were seeing you sooner, but I guess the excitement will just grow and grow!!
Jenny,
I always like a real tree as well. My mom and dad always had a real one that we went and cut down. We have a few to spare out here! Glad to see that you are doing well. And yes I will post a pic of the final product. We will be thinking of you this christmas!
Amanda, I am proud of your negotiating skills and even more for your decorating skills. Cole seems to have inherited those skills also because he is very intent on getting things just right at least so it seems in the pictures. Robb is also developing skills it looks like or maybe its just helping Cole. We will be thinking of you this Christmas and looking forward to seeing you soon. HOpe your gifts arrive in a timely fashion and that you have a great Christmas. WE love you. Jackie
Oh What brave parents you are. I chickend out this year and we only did the fake tree downstairs. Sam is a tornado of destruction and I knew he would either kill the tree, or the tree would kill him. My money was on Sam. It was really funny, he loved taking of and eating or flushing all of the ornaments downstairs, but never toucked all of the pretty presents. Go figure.
Candace
Post a Comment