Tuesday, September 07, 2010

First Day of Kindergarten






Another first for all of us, my big boy is going to Kindergarten. I did not tell him but my stomach was very nervous for him this morning. I can not believe he is growing up and going to be at school all week. Although it will be half a day. The bus comes right to our door, so that was great. When he saw the bus he hugged me quick and ran on the bus to get a window seat so he could wave. And all my anxiety went away, but it was replaced with excitement for him and a some sadness that he will not be here all day. This is so bittersweet, happy and sad at the same time. But mostly I am proud to be his mommy as he is such a sweetheart. I hope he makes many friends at school and has a wonderful year.

5 comments:

Becky said...

I know your feeling. Isaac so needs to be in school though. He was just so bored and needed more social interaction than I could provide. The bus is the coolest thing!
Your kids look adorable and they have one beautiful mama!

Anonymous said...

Grandma had a mixed emotion day also. Sad that my sweet Cole is starting kindergarten this morning which meant not seeing him during the day or having him spent the night during the week. Happy for him as he will meet many new friends as he is such a sweet boy.He will always be my sweet pea, his nickname since birth. I love you Cole and wish you the best year ever. Amanda, the boys and you look adorable like usual. I love you all Grammie

Anonymous said...

Well, Cole will 'hands down' be the best looking boy in his class. It's great that he is excited and loving to go to school. The bus coming to the door is great. How did Grant do on his first day without Cole to play with? One thing I have learned it that your children grow up faster than you can ever imagine so enjoy all the moment you have with them. We Love you guys Jackie & Randy

Natalie said...

He is so handsome! I'm glad he was excited to go to kindergarten and I'm sure he's made lots of friends by now. Can you believe our oldest are in school? It's madness! I agree with Becky: you are gorgeous.

Deanne said...

What a handsome looking guy! He's getting so old.