Monday, June 19, 2006

Chicago Ahh the Stinky Onion












Alright, so some of you have taken the architectural boat tour and know what I am talking about. Chicago actually means the stinky onion or something like that. Right Josh, Julie, Craig? I went on a trip this spring to Chicago and had so much fun. Of course I was the chaperone for 4o students, so I felt like a mom with way too many kids, but all in all I love Chicago. I went shopping and went to many art museums, and great restaurants. I also experienced staying up too late, kids coming into our room sick, seeing two birds mating at the zoo, watching a student get thrown up on, on the boat tour, along with some theft. It was Great! I got a chance to visit my brother Josh and it was great to see him. We went to the Contemporary Art Museum and saw an enormous creepy baby statue that we could not quit staring at. We also went to Ed Debevic's and the waitress kept calling Josh a backstreet boy and dancing for him. We all know how cute you are! I love visiting but I do not know if I could live there. I am just not a big city girl. Oh well, back to my small city of Lansing. Here are some of my favorite pics from the trip!

3 comments:

rubbingthenostril said...

My goodness Cole is huge! I hope things are going well for you. I Have been completely insane. Wedding is coming up in September, I ran my first marathon in May and school is not as easy as it looks on tv.
-Vanessa

Anonymous said...

amanda you're such a lucky girl to be surrounded by so many handsome boys! :)

Welch Mom said...

Yes I know!