Saturday, June 03, 2006

Watermelon Yummy,Yummy!



Looks like a tough day on the boat! We went to my parents for Memorial Day because I wanted to do some fishing. I was supposed to go fishing on Mother's Day and I had to wait for good weather. I caught 7 fish by the way! Yes Heather they do count even if they jump off before the boat. You know the men always count those! Anyways, the kids were on the boat inside of the kiddie pool. They splashed around and kept cool and filled their little bellies with watermelon. They both loved it! We went swimming because it was so hot and Cole went in with his life preserver suit on. He wanted to be in the water with everyone. The only stipulation was that you had to be next to the boat and holding the ladder, that made it o.k. Aunt Heddie did most of that. Maddie did not want to come in but kept insisting Mommy in the water, DeDe in the Water. They also took turns driving the boat with Grandpa( The old Patches Poonton) For those of you in our family you know what I am talking about. Cole was the DJ and he had to change the radio every 2 minutes. Then he would dance to the "Muse" as he calls it. He loves music. He must get that from Robb's family. He insists that we have it on every morning. Then he says Dance and says do, do, do to the music while thrusting his hips, bouncing his knees or shaking his hands furiously above his head. It all depends on the song. Anyways you can not help but smile when he is dancing! All in all is what a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks like you guys had a good time without me again! Thats ok though, I miss you all, especially the kids growing up and becoming more independent everyday. I can't wait to start making some money so I can spoil them with gifts they probably shouldn't have. I'm excited to see you all, Watch out Concord, the Hover's Cousin's Reunion is heading your way!