Saturday, October 20, 2007

The Thoughtful Boys in my life

The other day I was at home and trying to photo edit at home and was having tons of trouble with a program we have. I was so frustrated and of course Cole did not understand so he wanted my attention as well. I was getting pretty upset so I called Robb at work to tell him. As I got on the phone with him I started crying(which I do not do often) so much that I could barely talk to Robb. He listened carefully and asked me if I wanted him to come home. I said no, I am fine. Robb said are you sure. I said no. He read through my stubbornness and took my no as a yes. I really wanted him to rescue me but couldn't ask him to leave work for my minuscule problem. He told me he would be home soon and to relax. He came home from work brought me chocolates and 2 bouquets of flowers. I felt like my knight had come home. How could I ask for more?
My other generous encounter was tonight I was sitting on my couch and got a call from my brother. He told me he was going to a concert to see Fallout Boy and Plain White T's were playing there as well. I was so envious because I love them. Then later he called me from the concert and the song "Hey there Delilah" was playing through the phone. He said he was thinking of me and how much I would like to be there. I was so overwhelmed with emotion (partly I have to blame it on the pregnancy) I had tears in my eyes. I did not tell him but was so grateful that he thought to share that with me.
I feel so overwhelmed with gratitude of wonderful family in my life. I love them so much and could not image every day without thoughts of all of them in my head.

8 comments:

Todd*Jenny Lei*Savannah*Nate said...

That sounds pretty cute, and you sound pretty pregnant!!! Hope things are going better. What about an update on how you are feeling. Has your morning sickness gone away?

Rebecca said...

How sweet...it's nice to know our men can pull through when we need them the most. Hope you are having better days. Let me know if I can do anything!

Anonymous said...

You're getting me all emotional over here. I thought I had tears coming to my eyes, but I think it was actually my contact. JK. I'm glad you were touched that I was thinking about you, it means a lot to me. Even if your hormones are raging like a 500 pound rodeo bull. Love you much and miss you like a child misses their blanket...;).
-J

The Stay at Home Dad said...

Hey Amanda, don't get too googly eyes over your boy....He knows he has to stay on your good side so he can play his Xbox. As for your brother.... Sounds like love. :)

Ally Cat Girl said...

That was so sweet what Rob did! I almost started crying when I read that and I'm not even pregnant! Oh and I like the Fall Out Boys too. Delilah is one of my faves!

kimhumpherys said...

i love that song!!!

Todd*Jenny Lei*Savannah*Nate said...

Way to go mister night in shining armor. And how about those red sox. cool stuff man. I liked the post about your anniversary, that was a fun read. Is cole getting excited about a sibling?
The garage is going well, the framing is all done and passed inspection with flying colors. I am now roofing it. I hate shingling. I hope to have the whole thing done within the next 2-3 weeks. It would have been a blast to have you out here helping with dad, but I am very excited for christmas. talk to you later. Todd.

Cherice said...

Ohhhh, what great stories! Made me vicariously happy just to read them!