
For my mom and sister's birthday I wanted to do something special for the 2 most important women in my life and so I planned a surprise girl's trip to Frankenmuth. If you have never been there it is a beautiful place that resembles a quaint little Bavarian town. I gave them instructions to pack their bags and to be prepared for fun and no kids or husbands. The trip started out with gift baskets for the car with their favorite goodies. We got their and stayed at our hotel at the Bavarian Inn. We settled in and made dinner reservations to eat the famous chicken that they serve. It is like a 6 course meal. We stuffed ourselves and then head off for shopping. After returning to our hotel we went to the adult pool and hot tub and soaked without splashing kids. Then we returned to our room and I surprised them with individual birthday cakes as I sang to them. Then we ordered pizza, talked and fell into a deep sleep with no interruptions. I forgot what this felt like! We awoke and headed to do more shopping around town, until we decided to go to Bronners. It is the World's Largest Christmas Store and very overwhelming. I have been there a few times before so I knew what I was getting into. My mom and sister had no idea. We even drove and looked at it the night before in anticipation of going there. My mom had a hard time deciding since she loves Christmas to begin with. I think we counted and debated the same stuff in her cart about 10 times before deciding.
We finished the evening off with a great dinner at a nice restaurant and then headed back to reality. It was such a fun trip and such a great experience to spend time with 2 people I really admire in my life. I loved it and hope they had the happiest of birthdays!
5 comments:
Sounds fun! What a great sister and daughter you are!
That sounds way fun...I need a girls night out somewhere where I can sleep uninterupted. Man, Brian would love that! :)
Wow! This looks awesome. You are so good at "events".
Are you kidding me...will you be MY sister? That might be one of the nicest birthday gifts. You are such a great person and I admire all that you do!
I had a wonderful time and I think that we should do this every year. Maybe next time we can stay 2 nights. Thanks again for an awesome birthday. I love you so much, FT.
Love your Sis
MT
Post a Comment