It seems like with this baby I have been nesting the whole pregnancy. I only have 7 more weeks to go and nesting is in full force. I do not know how much other people experience these instincts,but mine tend to go into overboard. I have within 8 months successfully cleaned out my closet, my bathroom cupboards and underneath the sink, the downstairs storage, Cole's closet, all the kitchen cupboards(including the dreaded spice cupboard) and junk drawers, my purse, my crafting and sewing area, the t.v. cabinet, and lastly on the agenda is my drawers and my cedar chest which are both filled with clothes. What am I doing with all this stuff? I am getting it ready for a Spring Garage Sale! I think I am driving Robb nuts with all the cleaning. I think I deep clean my house about twice a week. What normal person does that? I always feel the immediate need that it has to happen at the moment I want it done too, which I then think that Robb needs to be doing it as well. He has happily zipped his lips and just gone along for the ride. And you know that you are cleaning too much when your 2 year old says "What are we going to do today sweep?" and you say "Yes" and he says "Oh Boy!"
Saturday, March 15, 2008
Nesting
It seems like with this baby I have been nesting the whole pregnancy. I only have 7 more weeks to go and nesting is in full force. I do not know how much other people experience these instincts,but mine tend to go into overboard. I have within 8 months successfully cleaned out my closet, my bathroom cupboards and underneath the sink, the downstairs storage, Cole's closet, all the kitchen cupboards(including the dreaded spice cupboard) and junk drawers, my purse, my crafting and sewing area, the t.v. cabinet, and lastly on the agenda is my drawers and my cedar chest which are both filled with clothes. What am I doing with all this stuff? I am getting it ready for a Spring Garage Sale! I think I am driving Robb nuts with all the cleaning. I think I deep clean my house about twice a week. What normal person does that? I always feel the immediate need that it has to happen at the moment I want it done too, which I then think that Robb needs to be doing it as well. He has happily zipped his lips and just gone along for the ride. And you know that you are cleaning too much when your 2 year old says "What are we going to do today sweep?" and you say "Yes" and he says "Oh Boy!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I want to know when this spring garage sale will be! I'll be there. And I think its amazing that you are such a good nester. We could use some of that at our house right now. Not that we are pregnant. We are just messy.
Our house is always open for your nesting if you need a new area to focus on! =)
Girl come on out to Omaha! When I clean up the girls say "Mamma who is coming over?". That's right not enough cleaning going on out here. Once I was on the phone with my friend Robyn and I decided to multi-task and dust too. Olivia said "Mamma what are you doing?". She had no idea. Robyn is still laughing to this day. Sigh...please come out and visit and bring your skills!
too funny! here we are in the primary pres together and i only found your blog just recently (through the mauss's through someone else). crazy.
i'm not prego, but i might "nest" on a constant basis. turns out that is not so good when there is homework to be done!
Post a Comment