Saturday, May 03, 2008

Amanda's Due Date 15 hours overdue!


That is what came up on the computer calendar today when I opened it. So needless to say I am still waiting, waiting and trying to keep busy without overdoing it. I am used to being overdue because I was 11 days with Cole,but it does not make it any easier. You start getting a little snappy and uncomfortable. We went to Lowes, Target, and Sam's Club where I got my fruit juice bars I have been craving. So I know I will have some pleasure today when I eat them. I have had plenty of contractions, just nothing that has stuck.
I have a dr. appt. on Tuesday for a NST and another ultrasound. That is so neat when you get to see a full term baby in an ultrasound. You can see there hair, and their facial features, and when they did this with Cole, he was even sucking his thumb .
I had a hard time sleeping last night and I was thinking how great my friends and family are around me. Robb has been a trouper! He has taken Cole to the store, outside or to play a game so Mom can get rest. He has made many a meal, gotten groceries, cleaned inside and out, rubbed many a foot and back, and listen to me complain and demand things when the "hormones" seemed to rage. He also has had the pleasure of my hot flashes at night where the overhead and little fan are at full blast as the window is open while he freezes next to me. He has made me laugh at myself many times which is just what I need to put it all in perspective.
I also received these Mom coupons from my friends yesterday of various jobs and meals that they are willing to provide after the baby is born. I felt so blessed to have them in my life. What a great thing to feel so loved and cared about! These people are the best.
I have also had great family to help me run errands and watch Cole when needed! They are like my superhero sidekicks and I couldn't do it without them.
I was talking to my sister in law yesterday and she was saying how much you just surrender your body over to being pregnant. Like when you know that your toes are there somewhere, but can't quite find them, or when you laugh and cry at the same time, or when you get winded because you have to tie your own shoes, when you drop something 5 times because you are so clumsy, when you put weird objects in the fridge and do not even know it until days later, when you rearrange numerous parts of your house because you think that it needs it again! I have no idea what she is talking about!

All in all life is good as I sit and wait. I have had my pedicure, I manicured my own nails last night, got my hair cut and highlighted, packed my bags, got almost all laundry done, house clean, and made a birth announcement template. So I guess I am ready for one last thing... that sweet little baby!

5 comments:

Weiss Women said...

We are thinking of you and your family! Many prayers for a healthy delivery and recovery!
love, Julianne and Craig

Becky said...

Rearranging furniture, hmmm, reminds me of someone...oh, yah! Me! I think I made Chris rearrange the living room 5 times before the twins came. It was great seeing you today at Sam's club. We always see someone we know on Saturdays at Sam's. Today we saw you guys and the Herrmann's. I hope that baby comes soon and that both of you are healthy as can be!

Cindi M said...

Thanks for the update! I'm still rooting for today--May 4.

Good job on taking care of yourself! :)

P.S. Make sure you use those coupons. I'll babysit more than once, anytime!

Jessie said...

You can do it!

Chris and Whit said...

Wow Amanda, you are so patient! And so is Rob!! We're all thinking of you, and we're so excited for your little and growing family! We love you and let us know any news asap!