
This is my ode to mom's everywhere:
When you find yourself staying up later and later so that you can find a moment where you can indulge in ice cream and girl's shows. Because the only time you can take a bath sometimes is at 1:00 in the morning. Because you are tired of watching Thomas and Friends or eating mac and cheese. Because your brain is always thinking of feeding, sleeping, playing with kids. Because you have not had a uninterrupted night of sleep is 6 months or so. Because it is hard to have an adult conversation when your brain is tired. Because you love your kids so much that you give your time and energy fully to them all day just so you can see them smile. That is your reward that makes it all worthwhile. Because now I know that 2 is harder, but much better than 1! Because I still am trying to get the hang of it... Here is to you, give yourself a bath, eat your ice cream from the tub, leave your house a little messy, and take a nap with your kids the next day because you deserve it!
5 comments:
You couldn't have said it any better! It will get easier when you get to sleep all night again...someday! We can't wait to get back to MI in July to see you guys! Hugs to you hot mama!
love, Julianne
Here, here! I never eat ice cream but we happened to have some Breyers in the freezer so I couldn't say no last night. It was so worth the guilt I'm having this morning.
Bravo!!!
I think I'll go dish up some ice cream right now. I hope you're doing well and loving your sweet new baby boy (who is darling, by the way). You're brilliant!
Your ode to motherhood is awesome! Being a mom is so hard and especially with the more kids you have, but of course worth every minute of it! Having two will get easier soon. I thought I would never make it pass the first couple months, but thank goodness it got a lot easier!
Post a Comment