Saturday, May 23, 2009

Not for the weak stomachs!

So today we decided that we would go look for a table and chairs for our breakfast nook. Well we got everyone cleaned up, dressed, fed and happy and off we go, which is not a small task. So we are on the highway and Robb is driving and I am on the phone with my friend. So I look back and see Cole throw up in his hand. Just a little spit up so I signaled to Robb. I finish my conversation and hang up the phone. I look back and Cole throws up again, this time a little more but not too much. I then see Cole do this for a 3rd time and this time it is a lot. So I start getting panicky and I tell Robb hurry pull over. He says I am trying to find an exit. So we finally get to a gas station and we both jump out to clean up the mess. Well when we look back on the other side we realize Grant has thrown up too. And the funny part about this is that if you know Cole you know he has a weak stomach so he only puked because Grant did! He can't look at Grant once, but instead tortures himself by looking 3 times. Grant all the while is happy as can be in his puke. So we both get out get a kid and start using the only thing we have which is baby wipes. We proceed to strip down our kids in front of the gas station taco bell. Poor people who might want to eat taco bell in peace. I asked Robb why did he have to pull right in front. I think he was a little flustered to where to pull. We finally get them all cleaned up and Cole has his underwear and Grant's little baby jean jacket on. Grant has just pants and no shirt. We pack the kids back in and head back home and try to roll down the window to air out the puke smell. We then laugh at our misfortune and our scantily dressed kids sitting in the back. We hope no one sees us so we don't have to explain why we have kids that look like the village people and a car that smell like throw up.

8 comments:

Becky said...

That's a great story! Don't you love throw up in the car? It seems that our Douglas is the one who always initiates the barf parties in our car or other people's cars :)

alisa and sometimes brandon said...

I am seriously laughing! When I saw Robb today he told me the boys had been puking, but he failed to mention there was a whole story behind it! I hope they are feeling better soon and that the puke smell quickly disappears. :)

Jessie said...

Yikes! Amanda, this is so horribly funny. .... I definitely should have let you get off the phone faster.

Deanne said...

Oh yuck! Sounds like your furniture shopping trip was less than fruitful! Hope Grant is feeling better soon.

Weiss Women said...

after all that work you should have just gone ahead and gone to the furniture store! think of the fast service you would get! I hope the boys feel better.

Natalie said...

Oh, you poor lady! Of course it would be both kids who threw up, and three times as well. Doesn't it seem like the more you try to get out of the house looking respectable, the worse the inevitable disaster becomes? I hope you find a really cute table for your nook! :)

Alison B said...

ever heard of a "Barf-o-rama"?? oh, this is so sad and gross. i feel so sorry for you.

Natalie said...

Love it when the kids puke, especially in the car! YUCK!