
Excitement was in the air. We laid out the clothes the night before and read stories together about school in bed. Lots of snuggling and thoughts of how big my little one is getting. He woke before me ready to have breakfast and concerned about getting dressed. I told him we would do that after. French toast graced the table and tummies were full a little too quickly as other things(butterflies) that Cole did not know how to identify filled the space. He was ever so happy to get dressed laying his new clothes out on the floor in front of him to see what he had to wear. After that, a backpack followed which did not leave his back until he got to school. Wearing the backpack around with a sense of pride he looked so big.
We got to school and he walked up with me and reached for my hand. His teacher awaited them in the room. He turned to leave as I asked for a kiss. He smooched his face to mine then turned to walk in. He did not look back. I on the other hand looked twice then left with mixed feelings of pride, excitement for him and sadness that he was really growing more than I could imagine.
I must have checked the time at least a dozen times to see when I needed to pick him up. I was excited to learn about his day and embrace him. I got to the school and he was there peeking out the window at me. He ran out to meet me. He gave me a tight embrace that almost took me off my feet. A smile remained on his face. He sat for a moment on the bench with Grant outside of school as they laughed together. This will be a day that will be in my thoughts for a long time. Such a sweet memory, such a proud momma.
5 comments:
Mine didn't look back either but were more than happy to tell me about their day after they got home. They grow up WAY too fast!
So sweet. I am glad his first day went well and that he gave you a "kiss".
Can't believe my sweet pea is starting Pre K! You look so grown up with your backpack, it brings tears to Grammie's eyes. You are such a sweetheart and Grampie and I am so glad you had a great day. Amanda, Dad said you better start saving for his first car!! We love you Cole and Grammie will come to see your school soon, can't wait!
Hugs and Kisses Grammie
Sounds like a great first day and I'm sure it will be an equally great year!
This may be getting old to hear, but I just love your photos! They are so clear and crisp and I love his orange shirt against the green grass (did you plan that? ;). They are so perfect! Of course having such a cute little boy for a model helps, I'm sure!
Wow! Cole, you're so big! What a big day, I'm glad it went so well. I love the picture of the boys sitting down together, looks like they're just having a chat.
Post a Comment