Thursday, May 06, 2010

2 years have come and past...

Wearing his hat like Uncle "Josh-ie"

Our reaction when we found out that Grant was a boy!




When another sweet boy entered our life, Grant J Welch.
And here is his story of how he entered this world:
I had a different pregnancy with Grant. I was nauseous a lot with him. I seemed to try to eat constantly to help with this. One thing I craved so much with him was grapefruit. I think the most grapefruit I ate in one sitting was 3, in which I went to Robb and told him to take them away because my mouth was burning from the citrus.

When we went to the Dr. for the first time,right off the bat we were asked if we wanted to do another c-section or go VBAC. I was torn throughout the whole pregnancy with this decision as both seemed risky to me. So I had decided to try VBAC, but if complications arose I would be doing the c-section.
We decided to find out the gender, but in a different way. We had the tech right the sex on a card with the ultrasound and put it in a sealed envelope. At Christmas we went to Idaho to be with Robb's family. We let his parents open up the envelope on Christmas Eve and tell us what it said. It was so exciting. I was so convinced it was a girl, but none the less another little boy. I was happy that Cole would get a brother. I then called my family and let them open the other envelope which I gave them. They were thrilled too.
Closer to the end of the pregnancy I was feeling pretty good, but overdue again. My doctor told me that I could just wait as my body would always be pregnant for 42 weeks. So I played the waiting game, no dilation, 7 days over. I was not allowed to get pitocin as they said that it might make the labor come to fast and that could be dangerous for a VBAC because it increased the risk of the uterus rupturing. Then a changing factor fell into place. I started to show signs of pre-clampsia like I had with Cole and the Dr. and I made the decision I should have the c-section and bring the baby into this world before I got sick again.
So my c-section was really different as I went home showered and packed and went in knowing I would have the baby that night. I was fully alert and aware of what was going on in the operating room and when he came out I was ready to see him. He was very stuck in my ribs and I remember the Dr. pushing her whole body weight the get him out. I could not believe it when they told me he was a big boy 8 lbs. 14 oz. They cleaned him up and put him on my chest. I remembered his furrowed brow and he started to fuss a little. I ran my fingers between his eyes and he calmed right down. I was in love from that moment and it has never stopped.

Grant is such a character. He makes everyone laugh and gives the best inquisitive looks. He is very smart, but is not much of a talker. When he does talk he is busy saying Mommie and Daddie in the most wonderful way. He also say "Ha Ya" when he is doing something hard and "I don wanna". He loves to be crazy and silly. He copies his big brother and will fight to the death for toy he wants. He likes to do his own thing and if we walk one way, he will run the other way. Although he loves his Momma he is Daddie's boy and gets so excited when he comes home. He also loves his BamPa(Grandpa). Happy Birthday to our Bubba we love you with all our heart!

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

He is so cute! I love his looks too. His baby pictures look just like him I think! Well here's hoping to a girl someday:)

Becky said...

That was one of the most adorable birthday entries ever. I even got a little teary-eyed as I read your birthing experience. This was probably because mine was so like yours. VBAC didn't work on me either. I'm a little hormonal and a little excited because my 3rd c-section is scheduled for 6 days from today. It will be strange getting up in the morning, grabbing my bags, and heading off to the hospital knowing I'd be having babies that day. You are so awesome and thanks for sharing that story, it's actually kind of helping with my sense of anxiety, knowing someone else has had those same feelings. By the way, I can't believe he's 2 already!!! Soooo cute!

Whit said...

Oh happy birthday Grant!! What a cutie. I loved hearing your story, you all sound so happy. Love you and can't wait to see you.

Liesl Christensen said...

Happy Birthday Grant!

Deanne said...

Happy Birthday Grant! He's getting so big!

Robb said...

I had to get at least one of them as a daddie's boy. Until such time that mom can spoil him to convert over to her side.

Happy birthday little bubba.