Friday, May 07, 2010

A really bad reaction




Poor Grant, we found out he was allergic to amoxicillin the really hard way. He broke out in a terrible rash and ended up in the Peds E.R. with a steroid i.v. Luckily he did not have trouble breathing with this, but did have terribly uncomfortable skin, swollen joints/feet and legs so bad he could not walk, and a fever. It was really scary! But with medicine and a blessing he recovered well after a week or so. And through it all he was his usual trooper self. As a mom, I did not take it as well as he did.

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

oh that is awful! I mean it was BAD! wow so glad he is better!

melissa said...

oh my gosh! matthew was allergic to it as well, but his hives were no where near that bad! poor baby! glad it wasn't more serious

Deanne said...

Oh my goodness! What a poor little guy. Glad he's feeling better now!

alisa and sometimes brandon said...

Scary! I would have freaked out. He looks like he's taking it like a champ. Glad he's feeling better!

Alison B said...

wow...poor little boy! how horrible! All 3 of my kids have had hives, and I thought they were pretty bad, but nothing compared to this! glad he is feeling better!

Anonymous said...

Grant looks pretty unconcerned but I would have totally freaked out. Glad everyone did okay including mom. Glad you are all better. Love Jackie