Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Rub a dub dub

Well as promised here is the post concerning the bathroom remodel (Todd can get off my back now:) First off, it was not as bad as I thought it was going to be, thanks mostly to Barry. What a life saver it is to have an expert in the family. The only real thing that did not go well was the fact that our bathroom is so small that it was hard to get two people into it to do actual work, so I could not help him as much as I would of liked. It took approximately a month from the time we lost the function of the bathroom until we could use it again as we finished the last few details.


We had one small crisis with the plumbing suppling the hot water to the sink. We were installing the new leads and I was under the house ( what a joy that was) trying to guide Barry as he attempted to get the galvanized pipe through the bathroom floor and get it threaded on the copper supply. It got cross threaded, and as it was turned it ended up distorting and crushing the copper line, who knew galvanized steel was stronger then copper :) One quick trip to the Home Depot and we had our supplies and went back to work. We were only out of water for the portion of a day, so not a big problem. So now I can solder copper pipe if I ever need to in the future.

Amanda picked a tile that really looks nice and we both feel the glass block window really makes the room feel so much bigger then it is. It really lightens up the room as well as the window of block is much larger then the old window was. The pocket cutouts were a good idea that Barry brought up as well. The small one is for holding some of Amanda's knickknacks and the large one holds a towel or a bathrobe. The tub is the only thing that remains from the original bathroom, it got reglazed to a nice bright white, yea no more peach!!

Last but not least it passes the toughest inspection of all. Cole likes it just fine for his swim/splash sessions we call tub time. Sorry I don't have more of the original photos but I can' t find them so you will have to use imagination to remember the horror that was the peach putridness it used to be. Talk to you all soon.

Robb

4 comments:

Todd*Jenny Lei*Savannah*Nate said...

We can't believe it. It looks so good. We especially like that awesome brushed nickel faucet, the great spacesaver cabinet, and those lights are just awesome! Who ever helped pick those out most have a flare for design!! - But really in all seriousness, the tile looks so good. The whole thing looks just great.

Becky said...

I love your bathroom tile! I saw it when we came for Megan's baby shower. I especially like those glass tiles in the shower area. I think bathrooms are the best place to start remodeling because it's so small and and doesn't cost as much as a large room, though if anything goes wrong I guess it could cost more. What do I know, I've never had to remodel anything other than some fresh layers of paint.
Anyway, I just started this blog thing and it's fun seeing everyone's profiles. Hope you're enjoying this weather and spending time outdoors.

Rebecca said...

I love your bathroom. Hopefully ours will look half as good as yours when we actually get to that project.

Anonymous said...

The Bathroom looks great. Can't wait to see in up close ane personal when we come up on June 14th. It is always fun to have a
new room and such a good feeling to
know you did it yourself. Love
Jackie and Randy