Sunday, May 13, 2007

A Tribute to Motherhood






This is my second Mothers Day as a mother and it really makes me think about being a mother and the way it has changed my life. I know now how much my mom gave up for us because being a mother is a selfless job. It makes you think beyond your own needs and think about your child and their needs. I have never had a harder or better job in my life. The little smile on Cole's face makes me think this is what life is about!
I remember thinking about how dependent your children are on you when you bring them into the world. They need you to take care of them and only your love can make them flourish in the world. It was an instant bond when I was able to hold Cole and realize the love I have for him. This also intensified the love I have for Robb. It is all such an overwhelming feeling of love.
I can only hope that I can exemplify the example my mom set for me. She still remains the most caring women I ever met. She was always leaving work to bring me things that I forgot at school, which I did frequently. She always taught me to do my best and to love and put family first. She loves without end.
Robb's mom is also a great example for us. She is sweet and gives a lot of herself without asking for thanks in return. She is soft spoken and caring.
This 2 women are wonderful examples to me and my family about how to give without wanting something in return. My gratitude is running over. I love being a mom and the blessings it brings to my life. I am looking forward to many more days ahead of being a mom. I look forward to the hurt, anxiety, challenges, rewards, excitement and pure joy. It is a job that I would sign up for again and again.

1 comment:

Robb said...

Yes Cole and I are two very lucky guys. We get the benefits of having 3 wonderful mothers and grandmothers and their influence in our lives.

Happy Mothers Day