
Happy Birthday to Me! Today is my 29th birthday and I can not believe I am approaching 30 next year. Yes Tracey you will soon be there too! I was born in the morning which is probably why I do not like mornings at all. Robb has told me that there is a Phish song called "Silent in the Morning" and it is my song. Having a birthday makes you reflect back on the past years and in 29th years I think that I have learned a lot like:
- Appreciating everything my parents sacrificed for me as I now do those same things
- Meeting a perfect match for me and having bad boyfriends that made me recognize a good one when it came along
- Having 2 boys and being a teacher that have taught me the true meaning of patience
- Learning that I can make a living being creative and doing something I love and value
- Knowing that college did not teach me much about my profession, but taught me that there are some really weird people out there!
- Realizing that those true friends are still those that you never lose a beat even when you have been away from them in forever
- Learning how to change a diaper in the dark, doing all kinds of chores one handed, and learning to compose yourself even when you have been barfed on
- Loving your body for what it is even when you know it does not look the same as when you were 18
- Trying to take all the help you can get when it comes your way even when you know you could do it yourself
- Knowing that although you can read all the books, take all the classes, and asking questions but until you become a parent never say that your kid will never do this or that!
- Learning not to judge others for mistakes they make as I have made plenty in my day
- Forgiving those that say and do things that they do not mean
- Good chocolate can solve just about anything!
- Sweatsuits are still appropriate for everyday attire
- Still not liking to talk in the morning, socks that are twisted, and sheets that are too tight on the bed, people who are boastful or mean, doing the dishes, being the center of attention.
Thanks to my family and friends for the great party, presents, well wishes, good chocolate and beautiful flowers(that Robb always gets me) and new mini wardrobe.
You are the best and I couldn't imagine life without you!
8 comments:
Happy Birthday Amanda! You are such a great person. You deserve every happiness! :)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Hope you have a great day!!!
Happy Birthday!
HaPPy BiRtHdAY!!!
Even though you told us it was your birthday I completely spaced it. :s
And I loved loved this post.
Amanda, I hope your birthday was as great as you deserve. Also hope our gift got to you in some kind of timely manner. Twenty nin is a good age. Maybe you can just stay there. I'll never tell.
Love Jackie
I loved reading what you've learned in life. Happy Birthday!
Sooo sorry I missed it. Hope it was happy, though! Photos are darling, as usual!
What perfect reflections on life! Thanks for such great insight and by the way, you look smokin'!!! Happy Birthday!
Post a Comment