Wednesday, February 25, 2009

What's been going on around here


We have been super busy this last few weeks. I have just been exhausted which is unlike me. I usually have tons of energy and never stop.
Grant is 9 months and has started to take his first steps! He is so excited about it. We are teaching him a few signs so he doesn't roar at us when he wants something. He always has this inquisitive look on his face like he is taking everything in. He does not smile easily at strangers we say he likes to make people work for his affection. However he always smiles at mom, dad, and loves to belly laugh with Cole.
Cole is going to be 4 in April and we have signed him up for Kindergarten Readiness for fall. He knows his letters and learning sounds of them. He also is learning to write them and his numbers. He likes to do simple adding with dad. Which Robb is so proud of! I sat down with him the other night with Dick and Jane and he is starting to learn how to read. He is so proud of himself and I was just amazed that he is picking it up so quickly!

I just revamped my website which has new photos and slide shows and will be sending out a newsletter to all my customers new and old soon! Check it out and let me know what you think www.ajwelchphoto.com There are a few things to change still, but that is just because i am a perfectionist and want it 100% perfect my way!
But the big news is that our house it up for Sale! Yes it has only been a week and we already had a showing and we have an open house on Sunday. So if you know of anyone looking for a cute house, let me know! It is crazy keeping your house show ready all the time. We are supposed to have 24 hours notice, but the other day someone wanted to come in 4.5 hours to see it. It was a mad rush exhausting ordeal to get it ready. Well that taught me a lesson, always have your house clean before you go to bed! That is hard when you have 2 kids.
So that is just a touch of what is going on around here. We are happy, tired, whining, and ready for Spring! Where are you???

7 comments:

Jordan and Elaine's Family said...

Where are you moving to? Are you planning on staying in the area?

Chris and Whit said...

Well you guys sound busy and happy! I can't believe Cole is big enough for preschool! We love you and miss you

Alison B said...

You're moving?? Where are you moving??? Fill us in on that little detail...

Deanne said...

That picture of Grant is great! He looks so serious.

Welch Mom said...

We are not moving far away, just to a bigger house, we are outgrowing the space. Can you believe that?

Natalie said...

Your boys are the cutest! I can't believe they're getting so big. Cole is super smart; that's great, and isn't it wonderful when babies learn to sign or talk? Rex is nowhere near either, but he can squeal like the best little piglet whenever he sees something he thinks he needs. Good luck with the house sale! I LOVE your website; you are so talented!

Weiss Women said...

Good luck with the house sale! I will check out your revamped website! You are a talent!