
So I just read Brynn's blog and she was talking about our guilty pleasures which got me to thinking about the things that I like that are maybe silly or just plain fun. I admitted that I have an obsession with not purses, shoes, clothes, jewelry, but throw pillows. Yes that is what I said. I love them small, big, round, square, plaid, paisley, striped. I just plain love them. One time Robb made me confront my problem and he made me take out my pillows and see how many I had. I think that I could have filled a small room with them! Kind of like Scrooge McDuck swimming in his pool of money and I in my pillows. How sad but true!
Some of my other favs that are guilty pleasures are watching shows like Charmed on the WB, eating whole bags of popcorn or a whole box of wheat thins, taking a nap and laying in my pj's all day when I get a day off and then rushing around and cleaning the house and getting ready before Robb comes home so he thinks I was productive all day. I can get a lot done in a hour or 2!
Somehow doing these things makes me feel good in a way. I know everyone has there guilty pleasures, right?
3 comments:
Well I read Brynn's site to get a little bit more background on the subject and unfortunately mine is not all that fun!
I love to budget our money. I look at our accounts consistently and my checkbook is balanced at all times. I know where all the money is, where it needs to go, and what expenses are coming. I trade money from accounts to other accounts for certain things vs other things. I think about where all our money went and how I can prevent more from leaving! And to top it off, I don't ever think about making more. Only about using what we have to the fullest extent. I don't even gloat in having more than we need sometimes, it has an immediate place it goes. So there I said it too. I think about, dream about, contemplate about -- MONEY!!
I love Charmed too! It's been awhile since I've been able to watch it because we don't have cable anymore. I also can relate with the popcorn bag. I love to devour a bag of popcorn. When we're at the movies, Nick eats a little of the bag, but saddly enough, I usually eat most of it!
Guilty pleasures...
There are so many of them, it's so hard to choose.
I think my big guilty pleasure right now is World of Warcraft (let's hear it for gaming nerds like your husband and I). But if you want embarrassing guilty pleasures, I recently admitted in a my blog that I'm hooked on the Gilmore Girls.
Oh, the shame...
Post a Comment