Saturday, June 23, 2007

AJWelch Photography

It has been a while in coming but Amanda's website is now more or less complete. I say more or less because I have come to the realization through the process of creating it that it is never complete or better yet the site will always be in varying states of flux as new slideshows are added or other fixes and tweaks are needed. I have added the site to our favorite links on the sidebar. So please explore the site and let me know if find any broken links or bugs that need ironed out. I also highly suggest, if you have some time, you hit up the Calvin and Hobbes link as it connects you to a searchable database of all the comic strips. I could laugh myself silly at Calvin and Hobbes so this eats up some of my slow time on occasion.

The site will display best in Internet explorer 7 or Firefox. There is something in IE6 that does not like the way we have created the logo, it displays a block instead of a nice smooth transition from the lettering to the background. We kept it as we figure that everyone should be using IE7 or Firefox by now, or will be eventually. If you can and would like to please add a link to the home page from any blogs or websites that you have, we would greatly appreciate it.

Several of you might recognize some faces on the slide shows. It just helps that we have beautiful friends and family . My youngest sister is the pianist on one of the slide shows so if you record any more of your performances in piano or cello Whitney let me know :)

I must thank my friend Nick for his outstanding help in creating the templates, most of what you see is his handy work. I just used his framework and added the content. He was an invaluable resource in his expertise and overall design ideas, so that we could focus on the content that we wanted to display. I hope that I can now just keep it maintained and up and running now that the heavy lifting is done so to speak. Thanks again Nick.

3 comments:

Todd*Jenny Lei*Savannah*Nate said...

Hey I love your new site. It looks so professional. It was very informational and very well put together. I really liked looking at it, the colors look nice, everything! Hey but the wedding slide show showed that you could have captions at the top, but none of the other ones did. It was confusing if it was on purpose. Just a little FYI, but all in all it looks absolutely beautiful.

Becky said...

That's a beautiful site, and yes it does help that the people are so beautiful, especially my boys...I guess I'm partial to them, but you really did do a great job with all those pictures.

kimhumpherys said...

hey there! great pics..he,he! i'm excited about your website and excited for you. you take great pictures and i know you'll be successful at it..i only wish we could hire you to take more pics of our family! i also need your email address..unless it's still okemos's art address..kimhumpherys@yahoo.com..email me again so i can give you our blog!! take care!!