1) I am a photographer as most of you know, but that is not the only reason
2) Here is the events leading up to the photos...
- We started to prepare the other day by going to get outfits.
- We then got ready yesterday by taking our showers, hair, makeup(well me), ironing clothes, making sure Cole and I were ready when Robb got home. It started to rain, so we postponed until today
- Today Cole and I went to get his haircut, which he was good but very wiggly! He even took his shirt off and walked around half naked. It was itchy!
- Then we got home to get Cole and nap. While he was napping I washed my hair again.
- As I was blow drying my hair after Cole woke up I noticed he was too quiet. So I went out to find him in my purse putting cover-up all over his face gobs and gobs of it. What a mess. I did take a photo of it though!
- I went downstairs to put his clothes in the washer. He follows and comes down and while I am putting his clothes in the wash I find him in the other bathroom playing in the toliet with the plunger.
- So I put him in the bath for the 2nd time today. After bath I turn around to find him biting the new clean roll of toleit paper.
- I get myself ready-make up, hair, clothes, and am waiting for Robb to show up. He comes an hour later. He is hot and not so happy from moving into a new office all day. I rush him to get ready. I then inform him that this is why we do not go to Sears for photos because they would have canceled our appt. already!
- We finally get to MSU gardens and I start to take some photos of Cole alone. Then we get to the family photo... oh no, where is the tripod mount says Robb. I look through the case back and front and no mount! Robb says no way can I rig it up with a couple thousand dollar equipment on it.( I did think about it though)
- We decide Robb should run home and get it and Cole and I wait for him. It should only be 10 minutes.
- I take some photos of Cole by myself and he falls and bumps his head!
- Robb shows up 20 min. later with no mount, at this time we are sweating and I am sure all that prep is wasted for the day. Our clothes are not ironed any more.
- I am upset because I do not think we will have time to do this again soon, and we decide to leave and go home to look for it. We look everywhere and can not find it. I find an old tripod and am determined to get this photo, so I tell Robb lets go back. At this point he is tired, hot, and hungry.
- We go back and get some photos taken. Cole is a trouper and smiles and sits through my perfectionist ways!
- Then we celebrate at Coldstone for dinner. We get Cole a waffle bowl with sprinkles, no ice cream because of his dairy allergy. We are all happy eating our ice cream in the car. Then Cole decides to spill a little of his sprinkles. We say no! He then proceeds to dump the whole bowl in my car. Lovely!
- He cries the whole way home. Did I mention throughout the whole time back and forth in the car we have to listen to Baa, Baa Black Sheep 10 times?
- Oh well at least we got some photos. I sure hope they look good for all the sacrifice! Sears and Penneys just could not handle us!!! I am still smiling though!
9 comments:
It's painful just to read... hits WAY too close to home!!
Wow! That was an ordeal! I'm starting to think that kids should be dressed in the car when you pull up to the parking lot for pictures. That actually isn't a guarantee either. I got barfed on when we had the big fam. picture in Utah last Christmas. I don't know what it is, but babies love to barf on me, especially ones that aren't mine. Maybe the patterns on my outfits resemble burp pads. I can't wait to see how the pictures turned out.
I couldn't come up with any better comment than this...
http://www.ringling.com/
Too funny! Justin wouldn't have lasted past the 10th bullet point! =)Can't wait to see those pictures.
Oh that is lovely! Picture taking is so stressful! Being the photographer and having to remember your equipment on top of being clean is too much for me! Sounds like you did a great job though! love, J
oh, yes, it's such an ordeal! It's so hard when kids are little! I couldn't take my kids into a studio between the ages of 1 and like 4. Soo stressful, that's why I think your business is perfect..he,he!! Can't wait to see the photos! I'm sure they'll look so good!
How stressful!!!Glad to know I'm not the only disfunctional family when it comes to taking pictures. Pictures are one of my least favorite things to do, but a favorite thing to have. I may need you to take some of us while the wheather is warm.
I loved your story! It definitely sounds similar to a chaotic day we could have had. I'm glad Cole was a trooper through it all. He's such a sweet little boy.
This was hysterical! Reminds me of some of those Family Circus cartoons!
My only question is, where are some of those photos you took? Stop holding out on us! ;-)
Post a Comment