Wednesday, August 22, 2007

What's for Dinner?

I hear this phrase all too often and have a hard time coming up with meals that are different than our usual(tacos, spaghetti, taco salad, you know the usuals). I know it sounds bad but when the summer months come I am usually too hot to want to spend it in the kitchen cooking while my oven create a hot box in my kitchen. So this summer we have been really bad and have had a lot of breakfast for dinner(which Robb and Cole love when I say yes to this!) I am not a fan of breakfast anytime, unless it is Robb's smoothies. The good news is that I do not cook breakfast so Robb gets to be in charge. We have also had a lot of smoothies, shakes or ice cream for dinner. Not a great nutritional meal, but lots of calcium right?

7 comments:

Brynn said...

I'm moving in with you guys!

Jordan and Elaine's Family said...

I know how you feel! I always make the same boring things over and over for dinner.

Jessie said...

Here's what you need to do, you need to have a baby. Then extremely nice people will bring you meals. I got 3 new meal ideas that way...including your fabulous meal which Noah dubbed "spicy lasagna."

Welch Mom said...

You are so sweet! Having a baby makes you need that TLC!

Welch Mom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Becky said...

I think we have the same menu as you. I've been trying to make a menu for the week, not very successful, but it kind of helps. Ice cream and breakfast foods are good substitutes for those other fancy things.

Cherice said...

NOT a breakfast fan?! I'm not sure we can be friends any more! I could eat breakfast food 24/7 (and sometimes do)!

Here's my contribution:

I watched someone make dinner tonight and now have a very tasty recipe for what she called Shrimp Scampi. (Correction, my version of what I observed her do . . . didn't occur to me to ask for a recipe until I was halfway home.) Stopped by L&L on my way home looking for spinach, and came home with fresh basil leaves. I can highly recommend them!

The Recipe

Sautee some veggies in a skillet (mushrooms, onions, peppers, tomatoes, garlic, fresh basil leaves and/or spinach)...add a little chicken broth and cornstarch, let the sauce thicken a bit, dump your pre-cooked shrimp in...serve over your favorite pasta. Quite tasty.