Friday, August 31, 2007

Whose in Style?


Robb and I were supposed to go on a date the other night to watch a moonlight movie in a park. It was Ferris Bueller's day off and they were going to have pizza and ice cream Sounds fun, right? Well we had a severe thunderstorm watch and some lighting so we were pretty sure it was cancelled. Bummer! So we decided to go shopping(my idea) for shoes and leggings. You see, I need some shoes for working(shooting weddings all day)that were stylish and comfortable. I also bought a dress that was stretchy and had a belt and thought I might need some leggings to feel more comfortable working in a dress. We were in GAP and I saw some pants for Robb which he said maybe he liked, but would not try on. I was a little frustrated because he never wants to try things on. He says to me "please do me a favor and not try to be hip when you get older." I asked him what he meant and said "so you want me to dress like an old lady?" No he said "just do not try to wear what the young girls wear as you get older." So I ask "what am I supposed to look like?" He replies "just classy." I said "o.k., well it would not hurt for you to try to be in style more." He said "I do not want to be in style and I will never be hip." I said "you could at least try to update your look and be stylish." I mentioned something about being stuck in the late 80's and 90's. He came back at me and said "I am not the one that is buying leggings." I then paused and then could not contain my laughter and we laughed out loud together. Guess what, I decided to take the leggings and dress back the next day!

4 comments:

Robb said...

That's right...Don't mess with the bull or you'll get the horns. How is that for an 80's reference. Now where are my torn jeans and plaid flannel shirt!

Nick said...

I'm always in style, though I also refuse to try things on when I shop with Allison. But I have to agree with Robb that a return to 1980s fashions is perhaps the worst fashion trend I've ever seen. Besides the original 80s, of course! Although if you want I can start tight-rolling my jeans, wearing loafers with no socks, and only tuck in the front of my shirt!!!

Todd*Jenny Lei*Savannah*Nate said...

Sounds a whole lot like a guy I know! Unfortunately we agree on not being in style, we think it cramps our current "stuck in our 5 year-old clothes" style! I do however think it is hilarious you took back the leggings! Real bummer about Ferris's day off - I love that classic movie!

Becky said...

I'm glad to hear other girls husband's refuse to be stylish, I thought mine was the only one who wouldn't listen to his wife's advice. I let go of my final connection to the 80's when I finally got rid of some spandex biker shorts I had from 1989. The last time I wore them was I think 2000, crazy. When I finally said good bye they were at the point that they flared a little, spandex is not supposed to do that.