
Well today was Cole's first day visiting the primary at church. I was a little nervous because being that I am the primary president I have to do sharing time once a month and today happened to be my day. So I did not know how he would do. I tried to prepare him the whole week by telling him I would be there, but would be his teacher and he had to sit with his class and not come up with me. He seemed to understand and when he came in he said" You are my mom" as if he was just confirming that I could be his teacher and mom at the same time. He did really well sitting in his chair, however he tried to talk to me a few times while I was teaching and I just had to ignore him so that I did not set a bad habit and get lost in my thoughts. He just stopped talking when he realized I was not responding to him. I had the dads of some of the pre-sunbeams some in and pretend to be prophets and the kids seem to love this as the dads I think did too! Well when we got home we practicing singing Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam and he replaced the words with SunBeep! I thought it was funny and did not correct him. It was kind of emotional for me as he came in to the room today as I could not believe he has grown up so fast. It really did bring a tear to my eye. It is the start of a new chapter for him!
2 comments:
Joseph calls it a Sun Beak! It's so funny!
Too funny! Truman says the exact same thing - sunbeep!
Post a Comment